Submission Call: “My Bad”
We at Ash & Bones are currently looking to explore the very human experience of being wrong. Maybe you knew you were in error but refused to admit it or maybe you realized too late. We all have times that we are ashamed of, that we hurt someone, intentionally or not and that we have had to suck up our pride and ask for forgiveness. Please, refer to our submission requirements below and send us your stories, poetry, essays, even your artwork! Yes, we love to include original artwork and photographs with our written pieces.
On-going: Please submit poems, letters, essays, or short stories in response to the following themes:
Letters from War; War Stories; Human Waste; Military Life; Military Afterlife.
- Submissions are only accepted via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All submissions are read blind, so please do not include any identifying information on your submission.
- You can withdraw your submission by e-mailing email@example.com
- If you would like to submit a short (no more than 50 words) biographical blurb about yourself, please do so in your cover letter (e-mail) when you submit. We accept simultaneous submissions, though we ask that you withdraw a piece from your submission, if it has been published elsewhere.
- We accept previously published work, though we will reference original publication site.
- All manuscripts should be double-spaced, paginated, and in 12-point type Times New Roman. Poetry submissions should only be double-spaced between stanzas.
Please make sure that your submission complies with our guidelines before submitting. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to read your work.
Your work doesn’t fit these guidelines? Check out the calls for submissions and contests listed here: